How do I find a good local builder?
- Use our free online Find a Builder tool.
- Ask for recommendations. Do you know a friend or family member who lives in your area, or a neighbour whose recent building project has left you seriously impressed?
- Look around your local area.
- Ask other trades.
How do I find the perfect builder?
- 1) They work with you directly & answer questions thoroughly.
- 2) They perform third-party inspections throughout the process.
- 3) They've been in the business for a while.
- 4) They insist on transparency.
- 5) They care about the quality of materials used.
How do you get someone to build you a house?
- Contact your local home builders' association to obtain a list of builders who construct homes in your area.
- Look in the real estate section of your local newspaper for builders and projects.
- Local real estate agents may also be able to help you in your search.
How do I find the architect of a building?
Your local library may also have resources to help you in your search, and your city's Department of Building and Safety may even allow you to look up the names of the home's contractor or architect. A good place to start is the Public Records Online Directory.
What kind of builder do I need?
There are many different types of builder and they will all have a particular specialism in an area of construction. Some will be extension specialists, others will prefer loft conversions, some will do commercial work while one-man band builders might prefer to do smaller jobbing projects.